Skip foods and drinks that are high in purines to help lower your chances of an attack.
You should stay away from these types of food:
• Beer and grain liquors (like vodka and whiskey)
• Red meat, lamb, and pork
• Organ meats, such as liver, kidneys, and glandular meats like the thymus or pancreas (you may hear them called sweetbreads)
• Seafood, especially shellfish like shrimp, lobster, mussels, anchovies, and sardines
• High-fructose products like soda and some juices, cereal, ice cream, candy, and fast food
Suggestion: Best Foods for a Gout/Joint Pain Diet
• Low-fat and nondairy fat products, such as yogurt and skim milk.
• Fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Nuts, peanut butter, and grains.
• Fat and oil.
• Potatoes, rice, bread, and pasta.
• Eggs (in moderation)
• Meats like fish, chicken, and red meat are fine in moderation (around 4 to 6 ounces per day). By: J Nahar Jolly from Canada